One-year limited warranty.
For returns, exchanges, and warranty issues, return RP products to the place of purchase.
RED PLANET LC warrants that the retail purchased RED PLANET-branded hardware product herein is free of material defects in materials and workmanship (defects) that result in the product failure under normal consumer conditions for the Warranty Period, and under to the following conditions:
- This limited hardware warranty extends only to the original product purchaser (Consumer), and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser or user.
- Consumer must provide proof of original purchase of the product by a dated itemized receipt to be eligible for this limited warranty.
- Consumer must return to point of purchase and meet the return policy of Retailer, including proof of purchase.
- If purchased directly from RED PLANET, consumer must to obtain a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") and return the defective product together with the proof of purchase to RED PLANET. The RMA number should be clearly written on the outside of the package containing the product being sent to RED PLANET. Once product is received RED PLANET will inspect product to verify that malfunction is a defect and not the result of failure under normal conditions or improper use. If product is found to be defective RED PLANET will repair or replace product at no cost to Consumer. RED PLANET will not accept a return that does not have a RMA number on the outer packaging. Consumer shall bear the cost of shipping the Product to RED PLANET. RED PLANET shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the Consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty. Any Product returned to RED PLANET without an RMA or proof of purchase will be returned to Consumer at Consumer's cost.
- The limited warranty is only applicable in the country where the product was purchased from an authorized retailer/reseller and excludes any product that has not been purchased as new.
- RED PLANET’s sole and exclusive responsibility under this warranty will be either to repair or replace the defective Product during the one (1) year limited warranty period so that it performs in accordance with the accompanying documentation on the date of your initial purchase. Any replacement may be, at the option of RED PLANET, a new or remanufactured Product. RED PLANET will cover any labor or replacement parts costs as part of the service during the Warranty Period, and warrants that the repaired or replaced parts will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the remainder of the Warranty Period.
The limited warranty does not apply to:
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear, abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, including without limitation, software changes, or modification in any way by someone other than RED PLANET, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions or other acts which are not the fault of RED PLANET, including damage or loss during shipment or transit.
- Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, vibration or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft, or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection.
- Any Product that has had its serial number altered, defaced or removed, shows evidence of tampering, has non-conforming or non-RED PLANET housing or casing, or has damage caused by the equipment with which the product is used.
- Any defect occurring after the expiration of the Warranty Period, or occurring due to use not in accordance with the documentation.
5. RED PLANET does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product, and is not under any obligation to support the product for all operating environments. Any Product determined by RED PLANET to be warranty-expired, warranty-void or not in need of repair will be subject to a minimum non-refundable diagnostic and handling fee. In the event that the Consumer fails to make the payment, RED PLANET may, at its sole discretion, dispose of the product without notice and liability to the Consumer.
6. Subject to any non-excludable limit under applicable law, the maximum liability under this limited warranty is the original price paid for the Product (excluding any shipping and additional charges). RED PLANET and its affiliated companies will not be liable for any other losses or damage unless liability is non-excludable under applicable law. The remedy stated is the Consumer’s exclusive remedy for breach of warranty. Any action or lawsuit for breach of this limited warranty must be commenced within eighteen (18) months following the original purchase of the product or within the limitation period under applicable law.
7. INSOFAR AS PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PRODUCT AND THE SERVICED PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS". TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RED PLANET AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES HEREBY DISCLAIM THE APPLICABILITY OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE FOR THE PRODUCT AND/OR THE SERVICED PRODUCT. RED PLANET AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, DATA, OR LOSS OF USE, ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, AND ANY INJURY TO PROPERTY OR BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF THE WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF RED PLANET OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
8. This is the entire warranty and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or understandings, oral or written, relating to warranty coverage for the Product, and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein will modify these terms.